Skip to main content

What My Students Say About Learning Math


 


One of the most rewarding parts of teaching is hearing directly from my students. Their honesty, creativity, and insights often surprise me and remind me why I do this work. 

Here are a few recent quotes from my classroom that made me smile, think, or simply pause: 

“Math feels like a puzzle now, not just numbers.” Anaya, Grade 7. Seeing her excitement about solving problems was a beautiful reminder that math can be fun and meaningful when approached the right way.

“I like it when we use the tablets, it’s easier to understand graphs.” Rohan, Grade 8. Tech tools aren’t just gadgets; they can change how students interact with concepts and build confidence.

“Sometimes I feel stuck, but I know I can ask for help now.” Sara, Grade 6. 

Building a classroom culture where students feel safe to struggle and ask questions is a constant focus. Sharing what students say helps me reflect on my teaching and adjust my approach. It’s also a way to celebrate their growth and highlight their perspectives because education is a two-way street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neuroeducation

  Can we improve the working of the brain through education? Will knowing about the brain help us to enhance teaching and learning? Reference :  Rueda, C. (2020). Neuroeducation: Teaching with the brain.  Journal of Neuroeducation , (1), 108-113.

5E Model in Math Lessons

  The 5E model is a simple way to structure math lessons so students don’t just memorize formulas, but actually explore, question, and discover the beauty of mathematics.

My Thoughts on AI in Student Learning

  Recently, I’ve been noticing how frequently AI appears in classrooms and learning apps . It’s exciting, a little overwhelming, and definitely something worth talking about. As a teacher, researcher, and lifelong learner, I keep asking myself , is AI really helping students, or is it making them too dependent? The Bright Side  But Still....... ?????????